Friday, October 22, 2010

Field Trips

 So yesterday we had a field trip day with Easton's preschool. We went to the Fire Station and the wonderful, fabulous Library. I say that because it is Easton's most favorite place on earth. Or maybe close second behind Dinosaur park. We had such a good time at the fire station and they really taught the kids a lot. How to crawl on the floor when there is a fire and to not be afraid of the firemen in their suits because they kind of look like aliens! And how to stop, drop, and roll! It was so cute to see all the kids practicing. They really had a good time. Then came time for the library. We went on a little tour and got to sit and listen to a few fun stories, then were able to look around and check out books if we wanted. Oh and Easton wanted!! Everyone in his class had long gone home but we were there trying to decide on two books out of the twenty or so he had picked. An hour later he had made his choice (while Eryn had been rolling all around the lobby floor, practicing her stop drop and roll). It was a LONG day and I will definitely plan for the library next time. Or I mean plan an entire day for the library for East! I really do love that he loves books so much and is interested in everything from whales to dragons and dinosaurs. I learn a lot too so it's so fun. I see plenty more library dates in the future with my little reading buddy!! Love you East!
Loves the fire truck!


East's class

Class making silly faces
With badge and fire fighter book

Watching the chief stop, drop and roll
Waiting for their turns
East stop drop and roll buddy!
Tour around library

Waiting for story time

Listening to stoy with class and teacher Laura


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I just got all choked up! He is so big, and smart and handsome and wonderful! I hope him and Elliot can hang out soon and be best buddies!! I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! They NEED to be close no matter how far away you live!!

    ReplyDelete