Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Easton's Belt Test

I know three posts in one day or evening and early morning of next day lame, but I needed to catch myself up. On Wednesday of last week Easton had his belt test and actually ended up testing for two! He was just going to go for the orange one but last minute we decided he should try for the blue one too. In the test for the blue belt he actually got to use a pair Kamas, which is a weapon with a curved blade on the end of it. His were obviously not real but he loved being able to have and use a weapon. Needless to say we had to buy that pair of Kamas. Fantastic. Weapons at home. No I'm kidding, kind of, but he did really good on the test day and we thought he deserved them. On Monday they did his belt ceremony and gave him his blue and orange belts. His face just lit up when the blue belt got tied on him. He just loves this karate stuff and we are so proud of him. He recently got invited to do private lessons with Sensi Josh and we are so excited for those to start. He will be learning form, technique and some tricking moves. We are so excited for him and are thinking about having him compete in October! I guess we will just see how things go but I know he would do it in a second and having the #1 ranked contemporary martial art competitor in the world as your Sensi isn't so bad either. Hopefully East will catch on quick to the tricking! So here are some pictures from the belt test.

Sit-ups

Push-ups

Front Punch

Fight Stance

Reverse Punch

Knife Hand

Other Knife Hand

Front Kick

Other Front Kick 

Back Kick

Side Kick and all I can say is AMAZING!!

Other Side Kick

Round House Kick

Rising Block

Outward Block

Inward Block

Horse Stance and he had to hold it for 4 minutes!

Punching Kata One



Perry Block Punch



All done and exhausted

Belt Ceremony


Bow!

High-five!

Ya Buddy!! He worked so hard!!


2 comments:

  1. Is it normal that I am like bawling right now. Please tell me it is. HOLY COW! He is incredible Chels, like a stinkin ninja! Those side-kicks and front-kicks are like WATCH THE FREAK OUT! And if I could hold "horse stance" for more than 4 seconds I would be pumped! He has like perfect form! Tell him I love him so much!!! Oh I am so proud of him... and you ninja mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya honestly I cannot believe how focused he is and he just looks coachable. You can just see in his face how bad he wants to get better at this. That is so rad. You should somehow make his whole body black on that side kick picture and print it so you just see his silhouette! That'd be a cool picture.

    ReplyDelete